Our PDX

Thursday, May 22, 2008

ALLLLLL CLEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today May 22, 2008 I received the best news I have heard in a long time. I got the all clear from my doctor today!!!!!! All tumors have left my body! That’s right they got their asses kicked right out the door. I’ve said it before and I’m going to say it again F*&% CANCER!

It took a good 8 days to recover from the last chemo session. It was a long rough 8 days but once I started feeling good I knew I was done. Then on May 21, 2008 I went in for my PET scan. This is the scan where they inject a radioactive material into you then put you in a scanning machine for about 30 min. I thought I was going to have to wait until Friday May 23, 2008 to get my results but my doctor called me today to give me the good news.

I go in tomorrow to meet with my Radiation Oncologist and discuss radiation. Even though the tumors are gone I will need to go under radiation to make sure they don’t come right back. Once radiation is done I will continue to go into Pacific Oncology every three months for blood tests and to meet with my Doctor. After the first year I will go in every six months. After the second year I will then go in yearly. After 5 total years it is a guarantee that the tumors will never come back!!! The year 2013 can’t come soon enough.

I’m slowly getting my energy and my strength back. I hope to get back to the gym and start getting back to a normal sleep pattern in the next couple of weeks as long as the radiation doesn’t fatigue me too much.

Time for me to celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

yayyyyyyyy!!!! im sooooo proud of you Jason!!! I love you! and stay strong... :D

-Claudia

Unknown said...

HELL YEAH!!!!! I am beyond happy and thankful that it's over! You're the man Jay. Have a blast celebrating.

Love

Joanne

Anonymous said...

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO, you got that right buddy, it IS time to celebrate and you know what my idea is!
I can't stop smiling as I walk around my house, I'm so happy for you, Becky and the whole entire family, YOU KICKED IT'S ASS BRO!
BUT we alwasy knew you would. :)

Call me tomorrow bud!!

WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!


Keith

Unknown said...

That's AWESOME news Jay!!!! Guiillermo & I are extremely happy for you & glad you were able to beat it like a champ!! Stay strong & god bless you!!! We can't wait to celebrate with you!!!

-Sandra & Guillermo

Ralph J. Barsi said...

Jay,

As long as the Green Room contains no brown M&M's, Segue will perform absolutely free of charge.

Way to go, brother. God bless you.

Ralph (and Kathe and boys)

rrowley said...

Way to go Jay!!! We are so happy to hear the good news. Wish we could be there to celebrate with you. I thank God that he kept you strong enough to withstand all the side effects, pain, nausea, etc. Thanks to everyone for their prayers and to a merciful God who heard them!! Love, Ronnie and Robert

Unknown said...

Jay, you are the man. This is the best news ever brotha. Can't wait to celebrate with you. God bless you and your family.

Much Love,
Joe

Roger & Maria said...

Jason:

Got the news last night. Congratulations Dude! You did it. We're so happy to hear the good news. Keep up the hard work. You the man!
With Much Love,
Roger & Maria

Anonymous said...

Dude!! WAY TO FUKCING GO!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!! In all seriousness though, we all knew you were gonna get through this. I can't put into words how happy I am for you and your family! Now get your ass down here so we can celebrate Bay Area style!! Blue Moon and Cheese in a Jar FTW!!!!! LOL!!! Take care and keep us updated! Congrats!!

Guillermo

Anonymous said...

HELL YES!!

The family and I have been praying for you.
Looking fwd to the big fiesta in your honor - heard that Barsi will cover the bar tab....sweet.

Let's get awesome!
Murph

Anonymous said...

HEY JASON, YIPPIE !!! I HAD INVITED YOUR DAD OVER FOR DINNER LAST NIGHT, AT THE TABLE WITH BRENTS PARENTS,THE KIDS,VIJAY, RON,& ME. WE PLAY THIS GAME THAT BRADLEY LOVES TO PLAY IT'S CALLED BEST & WORSE. WHICH YOU CAN TELL YOU BEST & WORST OF YOUR DAY. WHEN IT CAME TO YOUR DAD HE SAID THE BEST THING WAS THAT MY SON IS CANCER FREE. WE WERE ALL SO HAPPY TO HEAR THIS JASON. THE BEST MEMORIAL DAY EVER WAS 2008. I WISH WE COULD ALL COME TO PARTY WITH YOU. STAY STRONG IN MIND AND SPIRIT. JASON YOU ARE THE MOST AWESOME COUSIN, YOU HAVE BEEN AN EXAMPLE OF GREAT MIND CONTROL, STRENGTH,& PERSAVERANCE TO ALL OF US.KEEP IT UP EVERYDAY.

LOTS OF LOVE, JACKIE PROUD TO BE A SINGH ~

Melissa V. Castaneda said...

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH and thank GOD everyday for listening to ALL of our prayers!!

You are the BEST!!!

Misha

Anonymous said...

awesome news jay!! that's right, f**k cancer!! stay strong!!